Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han


The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han


Released: April 6, 2010
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Series: Summer, Book 1
Followed By: It's Not Summer WIthout You
Page Amount: 262, US Paperback
POV: 1st Person (Belly)
Buy it here: Barnes & NobleAmazon
OVERALL:
Plot-20/20
Characters-20/20
Creativity-20/20
Writing-16/20
Pace-10/10
Ending-10/10
=96/100  A
★/5



SUMMARY:
Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer--they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. But one summer, one terrible and wonderful summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along. -Goodreads.com

REViEW:
The Summer I  Turned Pretty's plot was very well done. I really, really loved this book. I devoured this book in a day. It was just so interesting I couldn't put it down. I didn't have any high expectations for this book when I bought it, but now I'm definitely glad I read it. By the cover I thought this was going to be a really cheesy chick-lit book, but it's really much deeper than that. It's a romance but it's a very realistic love story. This book isn't all about the romance either. It also has parts about friendship, falling in love, and family problems. This book is very heartwarming and the perfect way to end the summer.

The characters were just, if not more, amazing than the plot. They were very well down and very vivid. All of the characters, especially Belly, were very realistic. I was able to easily relate to them and could feel their emotions. Jeremiah and Conrad's attitudes were so realistic and I later understand along with Belly everything they were going through. I really felt like I was going to cry when Belly did. This entire book really connected with me on an emotional level. 

Wow. I did not see this ending coming. It's probably the best ending I have read in a long time! It was so good, I couldn't even blink. I really wish I had a exciting summer like Belly's. She caught the eyes of three very lucky men while I read... all summer. 

My Favorite Part: I loved the entire book. Especially the characters and the summer vibe of this book. It was a very relaxing read.

ALL iN ALL:
Do I recommend this book? Absolutely! It's the perfect book for summer and just had a good feeling to it.
Will I be reading the sequel? Totally, this is now one of my favorite books!

Thanks for reading! I love receiving comments, so comment if you have the time! I would enjoy hearing what people think and would love to get some recommendations!

It's a Book Thing
Review by Macy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...