Tuesday, October 4, 2011

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare


City of Bones by Cassandra Clare


Released: March 27, 2007
Publisher: McElderry Books
Series: The Mortal Instruments, Book 1
Followed By: City of Ashes
Page Amount: 485, US Paperback
POV: 3rd Person
Buy it here: Barnes & NobleAmazon

OVERALL:
Plot-18/20
Characters-17/20
Creativity-19/20
Writing-19/20
Pace-6/10
Ending-8/10
=87/100  B
/5


SUMMARY:
When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder - much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing - not even a smear of blood - to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy? This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know.... -Goodreads.com

REViEW:
This has to be the hardest review I have written. I think I didn't like this book that much because of the same reasons I dislike Harry Potter. Third person point of view always bothers me.  It has to be VERY well written for me to feel any connection with the characters, and I felt that this book was a little bit lacking. I know a lot of you will disagree with me, but I have to share my honest opinion. I'm not saying this book is terrible, simply that it wasn't the book for me. I also really need romance in my books. This book is primarily an action book, which bored me. I'm a little bit strange and prefer romance over action. Please forgive me. Overall though, this book's plot was very detailed and exciting. This book just went a little bit slow to me, but that is just me. I also had very high expectations because of the glowing recommendations I read for this book.


The characters very pretty interesting. I did not feel a connection with Clary, like I would've liked. Jace was just wonderful though. His humor made this book awesome. He seriously had me laughing out loud at times. Simon... he also had a good few quotes in there. All in all, the characters really made this book memorable for me. I think that the relationship between Jace and Clary will heat up in the next books, which makes me want to keep reading. 

The ending of City of Bones was very intense. This book took me a long time to read, but once the ending came, BANG! I got my strong ending. I was excited. This book is full of twists and turns, some completely unexpected.  

My Favorite Part: The characters, mainly JACE!  

ALL iN ALL:
Do I recommend this book? Yes, it was not for me, but I would give it a try.
Will I be reading the sequel? Yes, I think Ms. Clare has a lot more twists up her sleeve!

Thank you for reading! 
It's a Book Thing
Review by Macy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...