Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins


Released: December 2, 2010
Publisher: Dutton
Page Amount: 372, US Paperback
POV: 1st Person (Anna) 
Buy it here: Barnes & NobleAmazon

OVERALL:
Plot-19/20
Characters-18/20
Creativity-18/20
Writing-19/20
Pace-9/10
Ending-10/10
=93/100 A
/5




SUMMARY:
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.
As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?
-Goodreads.com

REViEW:
Do not his book title fool you. Anna and the French Kiss is kind of a cheesy and cliche title. It makes it sound like the entire book is about a girl chasing a guy, which is not true. This book has so much more depth than the title gives it. There isn't even too much in your face romance in this book. Contrary to what is expected, this book mainly focuses around friendship and other deeper things. This book was a nice surprise and definItely a must- read in February to celebrate Valentine's Day!  

The characters were great! Not only was the main character, Anna, vivid and lifelike but also her friends were also very well done. I could picture each of her friends. Rashmi, Josh, and Meredith all had their own personalities and made it so I felt as if I has a part of their group. Anna was a great protagonist. I was able to easily relate to her and she reacted a lot to certain situations in the book as I would have. The only thing that I did not like was how fast Anna fell for St. Clair. St. Clair...wow, he is definitely a guy I wish I could get to know. Wow... he's pretty great. I can't say that much more about him, I'm at a loss for words.

The ending made me happy. I was happy for Anna and thought that the ending ended the story beautifully. I cannot say much without giving too much away, but I definitely think that you should pick up this book. It's a refreshing, realistic, contemporary novel. 

My Favorite Part: St. Clair. I loved how him and Anna interacted! 

ALL iN ALL:
Do I recommend this book? Yes, it's a great read! 

Thanks for reading! Let me know what you thought of this book! I expect to have a ton more reviews for February and some other fun posts planned. I hope to post at least every other day this week to catch up on some reviews and to show off some great reads for February before it is over.

It's a Book Thing
Review by Macy ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...