Sunday, April 15, 2012

Wings by Aprilynne Pike

Wings by Aprilynne Pike

Released: May 1, 2009
Publisher: HarperTeen
Series: Wings, Book 1

Followed By: Spells
Page Amount: 294, US Hardback
POV: 3rd Person 
Buy it here: Barnes & NobleAmazon

OVERALL:
Plot-18/20
Characters-20/20
Creativity-18/20
Writing-19/20
Pace-10/10
Ending-10/10
=95/100  A
/5



SUMMARY:
Laurel was mesmerized, staring at the pale things with wide eyes. They were terrifyingly beautiful--too beautiful for words.
Laurel turned to the mirror again, her eyes on the hovering petals that floated beside her head. They looked almost like wings.
In this extraordinary tale of magic and intrigue, romance and danger, everything you thought you knew about faeries will be changed forever. -Goodreads.com


REViEW:
This was such a cute book! The fairy theme immediately drew me in. I started this book thinking I was just going to read the first two chapters to see how it is. The problem is, once I started reading, I was hooked! I couldn't stop reading this book. Every event moved so quickly, but not too fast. Pike's writing was so fluent, that it read like water; so simple, yet beautiful. I could see the entire world Pike created and battled the evil trolls alongside Laurel. The whole premise of this novel makes me want to go run out and buy the sequel.

Wing's characters were just plain great! Laurel was such a great character. Although this book was not from point of view, I still felt as if I got an inside look inside her thoughts. It was also very easy for me to relate to Laurel and to put myself in her shoes. I feel that if she was real, she would be one of my best friends. David, oh how I fell in love with him like Laurel. He was so kind and understanding of her whole situation. On the other hand, Tamani was also swoon-worthy. He was the other side of the spectrum; mysterious and dedicated. I sure wouldn't want to choose between him and David.            


The ending was really intriguing. I really want to read the sequel now! I would hate to be put in Laurel's position. I can't wait to see how it all unravels throughout the rest of the story though. This book had a lot more to it than I initially expected. I definitely look forward to reading more of Laurel, David and Tamani. If you haven't already, pick this book up. It's such a nice, relaxing read.

My Favorite Part: Tamani's effect on the ending. It blew me away.

ALL iN ALL:

Do I recommend this book? Yes, it's a great book.
Will I be reading the next book? Yes, I'm really looking forward to it!

Thank you all for reading! I hope you liked this book as much as I did. I still have a lot of new reviews to post, so stay tuned throughout the week. Comment and let me know! 

It's a Book Thing
Review by Macy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...