Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Where She Went by Gayle Forman

Where She Went by Gayle Forman

Released: April 5, 2011
Publisher: Dutton
Series: If I Stay, Book 2
Preceded By: If I Stay
Page Amount: 264, US Hardback
POV: 1st Person (Adam)
Buy it here: Barnes & NobleAmazon


OVERALL:
Plot-18/20
Characters-18/20
Creativity-18/20
Writing-8/20
Pace-9/10
Ending-10/10
=92/100 A
/5



SUMMARY:
It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever. Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future-and each other.-Goodreads.com


REViEW:
I can't believe it has been a year since I posted my If I Stay review. It was my first book review! I am happy to announce that this book was almost if not as good as the first. This time Adam took the stage as narrator, which I was afraid wouldn't be able to compare to the amazing Mia. Luckily, Adam was just as good of a main character as Mia. Ms. Forman did an exceptional job at capturing the male perspective. All of his thoughts seemed fitting for his character. At first I didn't really like his narration because he just seemed like a stuck-up rockstar, which made the book a little hard to read at first. But by the 3rd chapter or so, once he met up with Mia, the story's pace really picked up and I couldn't stop reading!  

The characters were pretty good. Adam's drastic personality change aside, he was a really good character. I liked hearing his story and how the breakup had really affected him. Mia was a tortured soul in this book. I felt for her. I didn't particularly like who she had become, but I understood it because of the story and how much she went through. She's really strong nonetheless. The characters are really intriguing and Adam and Mia's relationship was very well executed in this book.

The ending was perfect. Probably one of the best conclusions I have read. It made me so happy. I loved this book. It made me feel sad then happy. It was an emotional rollercoaster, which was suiting because Mia has had one heck of a life. If you are looking for a heartwarming, serious book. Check out If I Stay and Where She Went. You won't be disappointed.

My Favorite Part: Mia and Adam's heartwarming journey.


ALL iN ALL:
Do I recommend this book? Ohmigosh yes. It's so emotional and amazing.

Thanks for reading! Please follow me on Twitter and Facebook! (Go to Contact Me page for more details!) I'm sorry for delay of posts, I have been away reading on vacation and such. But I'm back now to stay! :D


It's a Book Thing
Review by Macy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...