Top Ten Turn Off Topics of Books
1. All New Creatures: It can be a blessing or a curse if an author invents a new kind of person or a whole new world. Most books I've read lately have been a curse because of this. If an author cannot fully explain everything simply then it leads to confusion and a lot of frustration for the reader.
2. Mythology: I've read some good mythology books, but they have been a major turn off for me because of all the history behind the story.
3. History: I hate history, like a lot. So if a book takes place during another time era, I probably won't like it.
4. Fairytale Retellings: The fairy-tale was already written, please leave it along.
5. Time Travel and other Sci-Fi Crap: I do not like being confused and I do not like lame action.
6. Adult: Depends on author, but I'm not really into adult books right now.
7. Fairy: I do own a ton of fairy books that I hear are really good, but I haven't really gotten into them yet.
8. Zombies: I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND.
9. Action: I need my romance.
10. Dystopian: They are all starting to be the same idea.