Monday, September 9, 2013

All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill

All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill 
All Our YesterdaysReleased: September 3, 2013
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Series: All Our Yesterdays, Book 1

Followed By: TBA
Page Amount: 368, US Hardback
POV: 1st Person (Em or Marina)
Buy it here: Barnes & NobleAmazon


OVERALL:
Plot-20/20
Characters-20/20
Creativity-20/20
Writing-20/20
Pace-10/10
Ending-8/10
=98/100 A+
/5




SUMMARY:
"You have to kill him." Imprisoned in the heart of a secret military base, Em has nothing except the voice of the boy in the cell next door and the list of instructions she finds taped inside the drain. Only Em can complete the final instruction. She’s tried everything to prevent the creation of a time machine that will tear the world apart. She holds the proof: a list she has never seen before, written in her own hand. Each failed attempt in the past has led her to the same terrible present—imprisoned and tortured by a sadistic man called the doctor while war rages outside. Marina has loved her best friend James since the day he moved next door when they were children. A gorgeous, introverted science prodigy from one of America’s most famous families, James finally seems to be seeing Marina in a new way, too. But on one disastrous night, James’s life crumbles apart, and with it, Marina’s hopes for their future. Now someone is trying to kill him. Marina will protect James, no matter what. Even if it means opening her eyes to a truth so terrible that she may not survive it. At least not as the girl she once was. All Our Yesterdays is a wrenching, brilliantly plotted story of fierce love, unthinkable sacrifice, and the infinite implications of our every choice.-Goodreads.com


REViEW:
I'm not going to lie, I was very hesitant to pick up this book. I mean time travel? That could go very very wrong in a book. This book makes me love time travel, and I never thought I'd say that. Terrill wrote this flawless, amazing book that kept me hooked enough to read in one sitting. This book takes place when Em finds a note in her own handwriting instructing her that she has to kill him. That vague little sentence made me read page after page until things began to get a little clearer. I really applaud Terrill for not giving away the secret too early because that mystery keeps the reader interested. I also thought it was going to be really confusing with all the time changes, but Terrill had a creative answer to that too. Marina and Em, the two distinct narrators, are the same person, but Em is from the future. I thought that was really weird at first, but the second the narrator changed for the first time it was so easy to understand. If you want a super unique book that will keep you wanting more then this is the book for you.

The characters were so awesome. It was super cool to see how Marina and Finn and even James grew and changed in the future. Em really feels bad for Marina and wants her to be a more independent person. Finn (future) was really different from younger Finn. He matured a lot and I fell in love with his personality. There is a lot to James. Just when you think you've figured it out, you haven't. I still like him and can understand how hard it is for Marina to deny still loving him. Just read this book for more details because everything is a mystery in this book.  

The ending was insane, but it a good way. There was so much action packed into those last few chapters that had me hooked. This book was so fantastic, and I don't say that very often. My only issue with the ending was that I am a little confused as to the logistics of time travel and how alternating the past will do to the future. That will probably be explained in this book's companion though. All in all, this ending had me holding my breath and kept me on the edge of my seat until the very last word. I cannot wait to read more from Terrill. 

My Favorite Part: Every little thing about this book is amazing.

ALL iN ALL:
Do I recommend this book? Please do yourself a favor and read this book right now! I mean it!
Will I be reading the next book? Yes, a bajillion times yes.

Thanks for reading!


It's a Book Thing
Review by Macy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...