Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Top Ten: Books I Was Forced to Read

Top Ten Books I Was Forced to Read
Top Ten is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish

1. Of Mice and Men: I'm so glad I had to read this book in my Sophomore lit class. It was amazing. I loved Lennie so I totally cried like a little baby at the end. This is definitely a classic I recommend, it reads like a modern day novel.  

2. Harry Potter: I was forced by my mom and friends to read The Sorcerer's Stone. I didn't like it so I never read the rest, but I do love the movies.

3. Pride and Prejudice: This classic wasn't for me because it had a little too many descriptions. Nevertheless, I'm glad I read it and hope to read some more Austen before I die.

4. Romeo and Juliet: This is a classic. The classic that every human being should read. I named my kitty after Romeo. Enough said.

5. Hamlet: Read Shakespeare. This play blew me away. There is so much action and well executed drama that I can't stand how intense this play is! I loved it. Thank you my favorite teacher everrrrr for making my class read it! 

6. The Scarlet Letter: This book bored me from the start. The story is great when I watched the movie and saw the play, but the book was so long and boring.

7.  The Old Man and the Sea: It's 80 pages, but that was a horribly long 80 pages...

8. Insurgent: I loved Divergent with all my heart, which is why I never read this book until I was forced to by my lovely book club. They insisted on reading Insurgent as soon as we finished our Divergent discussion, forcing me to swallow my hesitations and dive into this book. This is one of the few sequels that was actually as good as the first. 

9. Catching Fire: I loved loved loved The Hunger Games, but was leery to read this book. Only reason I read it is because my best friend made me because she loves this series so much. Because I thought The Hunger Games was perfect, this book made me sad. I didn't like it nearly as much as I enjoyed the first.

10. Mockingjay: I'm afraid to read this book, but my Hunger Games super fan best friend is making me read it. *Whimpers*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...