Monday, July 11, 2011

The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson

The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson

Released: September 1, 2009
Publisher: Square Fish
Series: The Jenna Fox Chronicles, Book 1
Followed By: Fox Inheritance
Page Amount: 266 (plus discussion guide and author Q&A), US Paperback
POV: 1st Person (Jenna)
Buy it here: BordersBarnes & NobleAmazon

OVERALL:
Plot-20/20
Characters-19/20
Creativity-20/20
Writing-18/20
Pace-10/10
Ending-8/10
=95/100  A
★/5

SUMMARY:
Seventeen-year-old Jenna Fox has just awoken from a year-long coma — so she’s been told — and she is still recovering from the terrible accident that caused it. But what happened before that? She’s been given home movies chronicling her entire life, which spark memories to surface. But are the memories really hers? And why won’t anyone in her family talk about the accident? Jenna is becoming more curious. But she is also afraid of what she might find out if she ever gets up the courage to ask her questions. What happened to Jenna Fox? And who is she really? -Goodreads.com

REViEW:
The plot of The Adoration of Jenna Fox was amazing. I was in awe from the first page. I especially loved how science was involved and the backstory of Jenna's parents' decision. The plot kept moving throughout the entire book, leaving me excited to continue. 

Ohmigosh. The characters were perfect! I was able to relate to Jenna in a lot of ways and just loved how she had feelings that seemed real. I loved how she grew throughout the book. She was very lifelike as well as her parents and friends. The only thing I did not like was Allys, and I think I just didn't really understand her as much as I would have liked.  

The ending was really good, but I expected something bigger. The entire book was exciting so I expecting an ending with a bang, and it disappointed me.

My Favorite Part: The characters! They were developed beautifully, especially Jenna. I loved Jenna and the way she progressed throughout the novel.  

ALL iN ALL:
Do I recommend this book? Yes, it's truly beautiful!
Will I be reading the sequel? Yes. I can't wait it comes out this August!

Thank you all for reading! I would love to hear your comments on this book or any comments in general! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...