Thursday, December 15, 2011

Fade by Lisa McMann

Fade by Lisa McMann


Released: February 10, 2009
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Series: Dream Catcher, Book 2
Preceded By: Wake
Followed By: Gone
Page Amount: 248, US Paperback
POV: 3rd Person
Buy it here: Barnes & Noble•Amazon

OVERALL:
Plot-18/20
Characters-18/20
Creativity-18/20
Writing-16/20
Pace-9/10
Ending-8/10
=87/100  B
★/5


This is the second book in the Dream Catcher series, I will not post any intentional spoilers but please do not keep reading if you have not read Wake.

SUMMARY:
For seventeen-year-old Janie, getting sucked into other people's dreams is getting old. Especially the falling dreams, the naked-but-nobody-notices dreams, and the sex-crazed dreams. Janie's seen enough fantasy booty to last her a lifetime.
She can't tell anybody about what she does they'd never believe her, or worse, they'd think she's a freak. So Janie lives on the fringe, cursed with an ability she doesn't want and can’t control. 
Then she falls into a gruesome nightmare, one that chills her to the bone. For the first time, Janie is more than a witness to someone else's twisted psyche. She is a participant. -Goodreads.com

REViEW:
The plot of Fade was very easy to get into. Once I started reading this book, I did not want to put it down. McMann's writing is unique and fast-paced, which was just what this book needed. I enjoyed this book much more than the preceding one. This one had a lot more depth to it and was very enjoyable. I really felt as if I was a part of Janie's world. 


The characters were a major improvement from the last book. The last book did not develop the characters. In this installment, I really was able to get to know Janie and Cabel and loved it! They are really great characters. I'm looking forward to even better understanding them in the next book.


The ending was very thrilling. I was on the edge of my seat, rooting for janie and hoping the bad guy would be punished. It was great. It was kind of like watching an action movie. I really, REALLY enjoyed this book. The whole part about Dream Catchers was shocking and surprised me. It made me ready to buy the next book. 

My Favorite Part: The plot was so intriguing! 

ALL iN ALL:
Do I recommend this book? Yes, it's a really quick and entertaining read.
Will I be reading the sequel? Yes, I'm really eager to dive right into it.

Thanks for reading! 


It's a Book Thing
Review by Macy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...