Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Released: October 1, 2008
Publisher: Scholastic
Series: The Hunger Games, Book 1
Followed By: Catching Fire
Page Amount: 374, US Hardback
POV: 1st Person (Katniss)
Buy it here: Barnes & NobleAmazon

OVERALL:
Plot-20/20
Characters-20/20
Creativity-20/20
Writing-20/20
Pace-10/10
Ending-10/10
=100/100  A+
★/5


SUMMARY:
In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.  Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister Primrose, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before — and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that will weigh survival against humanity and life against love.-Goodreads.com


REViEW:
Honestly I held off on reading this book due to the violent, insane sounding summary. Once I entered the world of Katniss, Peeta, and Gale, I became victim to their world and devoured this book as fast as I could. The premise sounds kind of strange at first, but when you're actually reading the book, it all seems normal. Sure it's different and horrible, but it still made sense in the book. I really wish I would've picked up this series sooner. The writing is just perfect and the plot is intricately carved into the chapters and pages of this book. I could picture every little aspect of the Games through this compelling writing. If you haven't already, pick up this book.  

The characters were just perfect. I never thought a book could be perfect until The Hunger Games came around. Katniss was a strong female protagonist that made this book enjoyable. Peeta was the ultimate good guy that I really wish was real. I really loved seeing how Katniss and Peeta's relationship was strictly competitive, yet there was a twinge of wondering if any of the romantic feelings were real between them. Not just the main characters were, but even the minor characters were amazing. All of the Capitol people were quirky and realistic for the future. Katniss' hair stylists were so fun and stylish that I wish I had them in my life. Overall, every singly one of the characters were beautifully portrayed until the very last page.  



The ending was the perfect conclusion to such an intense, great book. I don't want to give too much away because I'm sure you have already read this book. Seriously, who hasn't? I really think this is about as perfect as a book can get. I couldn't find a single thing wrong with it and wouldn't have written it any other way!

My Favorite Part: The entire story was fantastic, I don't know what part I liked more.

ALL iN ALL:
Do I recommend this book? Yes, although I'm sure you have already! 

Will I be reading the next book? Yes, I already have! :)

Thanks for reading! Are you ready for the Hunger Games movie? 

It's a Book Thing
Review by Macy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...