Sunday, March 11, 2012

Two Truths and a Lie by Sara Shepard

Two Truths and a Lie by Sara Shepard

Released: February 7, 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen
Series: The Lying Game, Book 3
Preceded By: Never Have I Ever
Followed By: Hide and Seek
Page Amount: 292, US Hardback
POV: 1st Person (Sutton)
Buy it here: Barnes & NobleAmazon

OVERALL:
Plot-18/20
Characters-19/20
Creativity-19/20
Writing-18/20
Pace-9/10
Ending-9/10
=92/100  A
★/5

This is the third book in The Lying Game series, I will not post any intentional spoilers but please do not contnue reading if you have not read The Lying Game and Never Have I Ever 

SUMMARY:
Sutton Mercer watches from the afterlife as her long-lost twin, Emma Paxton, takes over her identity to solve her murder. But after ruling out her early leads, Emma still hasn’t found Sutton’s killer. A lot of people wanted her dead—but one name keeps popping up: Thayer Vega. When the gorgeous and mysterious Thayer returns to town, Emma has to move fast to figure out whether he’s back for revenge…or if he already got it.
Set in a town where friends can turn into dangerous enemies and everyone harbors dark secrets, The Lying Game is a juicy new series that fans of the #1 New York Times bestselling Pretty Little Liars series—and the hit ABC Family show—will love.
-Goodreads.com


REViEW:
This book was another one of Ms. Shepard's suspenseful, yet delightful reads. Although I did not prefer this installment to the prior one, this book was still a great continuance to the series. This book was good, but lacked a little bit of the "Ohmigosh something horrible is going to happen" affect. I feel like this book was used to set up an even more amazing and thrilling final book in this series. I'm sure the last book will pick up the slack for this book. Nevertheless, this was a good book. I still was guessing who the killer was through this entire book, but there wasn't as many suspects this time around. 

The characters were still an improvement from the first book. I liked Sutton's commentary as well as Emma's personality. I also like how Laurel's character evolved in this installment. Character was still deceiving in this book. Just as I began to like a few characters, they became a suspect in Sutton's murder. It was a little bit annoying at times, but was a great plot twist. Thayer made his grand appearance in this book. I have to say I enjoyed hearing his story and getting to know his and Sutton's relationship. He definitely had an exciting past that added the taste of thrill to some chapters. One of the only complaints I have about the characters was that I wish there was more Ethan. Sure, there is a lot of Ethan in this book, but not enough to satisfy my Ethan-loving needs. 

The ending was shocking one again! It was a little more expected than the last (I mean, who could beat that?), but this ending was still thrilling and made me want to read the last book instantly. I really want the last book now. Too bad I have to wait so long for it to come out, I guess until them I'll have to get ready for the next Pretty Little Liar book by Ms. Shepard!

My Favorite Part: Thayer's part of the story and the mystery surrounding him.

ALL iN ALL:
Do I recommend this book? Yes, it's another exciting mystery read.

Will I be reading the next book? Yes this is the next to last book in the Lying Game series so the next book will be epic!

Thank you for reading! I would love to hear your thoughts on The Lying Game show or book series!  

It's a Book Thing
Review by Macy ♥

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...