Monday, May 14, 2012

Fins Are Forever by Tera Lynn Childs


Fins Are Forever by Tera Lynn Childs

Released: June 28, 2011
Publisher: Katherine Tegen
Series: Fins, Book 2

Preceded By: Forgive My Fins
Followed By: Just For Fins
Page Amount: 262, US Hardback
POV: 1st Person (Lily)
Buy it here: Barnes & NobleAmazon


OVERALL:
Plot-19/20
Characters-19/20
Creativity-18/20
Writing-19/20
Pace-10/10
Ending-10/10
=95/100  A
/5



SUMMARY:
On Lily Sanderson’s eighteenth birthday she’ll become just a girl—still a mergirl, true, but signing the renunciation will ink Princess Waterlily of Thalassinia out of existence. That leaves plain old Lily living on land, dating the boy she loves, and trying to master this being-human thing once and for all.
Now that Lily and Quince are together, mer bond or not, she’s almost content to give up her place in the royal succession of Thalassinia. But just when she thinks she has everything figured out, the waves start to get rough. Lily’s father sends a certain whirlpool-stirring cousin to stay with her on land. What did Doe do to get herself exiled from Thalassinia and stuck in terraped form, when everyone knows how much she hates humans? And why why why is she batting her eyelashes at Lily’s former crush, Brody?

The seafoam on the raging surf comes when a merboy from Lily’s past shows up—Tellin asks Lily for something that clouds her view of the horizon. There’s a future with Quince on land, her loyalty to the kingdom in the sea, and Lily tossing on the waves in the middle. Will she find a way to reconcile her love, her duty, and her own dreams?-Goodreads.com

REViEW:
This is another great book by Ms. Childs. Although this book did not knock my socks off like Forgive My Fins, this was a very pleasing sequel. The plot was unique, but was completely different from the first book. I loved the choices Lily had to make. I surely wouldn't be able to make half the decisions Lily had to. The plot involving Doe was pretty interesting. I really wanted to find out how that whole situation would end. Ultimately, I was happy with where the plot ended up going.      

One single complaint about the characters: I need more Quince! I absolutely love him. Lily is so lucky to have him in her life. Lily was the same as in the previous book. I kind of wish she would be a tiny bit more sympathetic towards Doe in the beginning. Doe was the typical mean girl. The whole mystery surrounding what she did to humans was really intriguing. Doe even fell for Brody, which added that so needed drama. Tellin with his other choice for Lily was SUPER awesome! The characters all had distinct, memorable personalities, which is always a plus to a good book.  

The ending was so just wow. No word can describe it better. I love books that surround a dramatic choice and this book had just that. It was a great ending for this book. It gave enough answers, yet left some mega questions to leave me wanting the last book of the series. Ah I just know the next book is going to be even more fantastic!  

My Favorite Part: Quince! 

ALL iN ALL:
Do I recommend this book? Yes, it's a super great series!
Will I be reading the next book? Yes, I am really excited for it to come out!

Thanks for reading!
Did you like this book? Comment and let me know! 

It's a Book Thing
Review by Macy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...