Sunday, May 13, 2012

Glee: The Beginning by Sophia Lowell


Glee: The Beginning by Sophia Lowell

Released: August 3, 2010
Publisher: Poppy
Series: Glee Original Novels, Book 1

Followed By: Foreign Exchange
Page Amount: 217, US Paperback
POV: 3rd Person 
Buy it here: Barnes & NobleAmazon


OVERALL:
Plot-16/20
Characters-18/20
Creativity-17/20
Writing-16/20
Pace-9/10
Ending-8/10
=84/100  B
/5


REViEW:
When I bought this book, I didn't have many expectations. In all honesty, I expected much less then I actually got out of it. It was a really easy read and a good break from all the super depressing books that I read. I must admit, I am a BIG Glee fan. I watch the show all the time, have all the music, and sing the songs in the shower on a daily basis. This book was a nice addition to my collection. My main big complaint is the writing. Not the writing itself, but the content. This book did not match up with the show at all. People weren't dating, who should be. The beginning of New Directions didn't even match up with the show. I understand some changes, but major things were different from the show that didn't even add anything to the plot.  
Everyone's favorite characters from Glee made their way into The Beginning. Rachel was her annoying self, but I still liked her because I see a lot of myself in her (same with the show). Finn was also the same as he is on the show. I liked him in the book, but I liked being able to see him on the show even more, because he's quite good looking. Quinn and Puck's relationship was great. I really enjoyed that. That's one of the things that really added to my Glee book experience. Tina was equally as great. She showed her strength and stood up to the popular Santana and Brittany. Overall, the characters added a lot to this lacking substance book. 

The ending was okay. It was a little bit obvious and predictable. I recommend this book only to people who have watched the show. The show is much better, so keep that in mind when purchasing this book. I'm sure that Gleeks, like myself, will enjoy some aspect of this book. 

My Favorite Part: The book being based on Glee, of course!

ALL iN ALL:
Do I recommend this book? Yes, it's a good book for hard-core glee fans.
Will I be reading the next book? Yes, I have it already, because I'm a super gleek!

I must apologize for the super blurry picture. I got it from goodreads like I usually do, but this one was a super blurry, but you get the gist of it. Thanks for reading! 

It's a Book Thing
Review by Macy ♥
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...