Monday, July 30, 2012

Eve by Anna Carey

Eve by Anna Carey
Released: October 4, 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen
Series: The Eve Trilogy, Book 1
Followed By: Once
Page Amount: 318, US Hardback
POV: 1st Person (Eve)
Buy it here: Barnes & NobleAmazon


OVERALL:
Plot-19/20
Characters-20/20
Creativity-18/20
Writing-19/20
Pace-9/10
Ending-9/10
=94/100 A
/5





REViEW:
I have to admit, I was afraid when I picked up this book. When it first came out, I read some mixed reviews, but decided to give it a try anyway. Boy am I glad I did! This book started off with a bang and continued with a fast pace. The plot had some twists and turns, which kept me on the edge of my seat. I really enjoyed the unique plot and twisted motives of the School. This book did have some creepy factors, which I found awesome. The whole idea of a journey to safety from a controling society was really intriguing. I think that Ms. Carey has created an unique world that is full of secrets and mysteries. I can't wait to read more! 

The characters were really well done! Eve was an intellegent, fun character. I loved reading from her honest point of view. She had her faults, but that made her seem real. Arden was also really well created. I liked the way her character evolved as she learned to trust. Oh and Caleb... oh how I love him...except when he is drunk. Caleb was the best guy for Eve. He was a knight in shining armor and was absolutely great. I loved the way all the characters worked together. They really added something special to this book.

The ending was surprising! I really enjoyed it! I'm kind of afraid to find out what happens next though. I can already tell the sequel will be more amazing than this great book! Overall, if you like dystopian journeys, this is the book for you. It's kind of like Wither meets Dilerium.

My Favorite Part: Eve's journey and how Caleb always found his way to Eve.


ALL iN ALL:
Do I recommend this book? Yes, it's really good!

Will I be reading the next book? I really want to buy it now!!

Thanks for reading! Next month should be filled with many more bookish things... Thank you all for the comments, I really appreciate it!


It's a Book Thing
Review by Macy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...