Friday, May 17, 2013

Midnight Alley by Rachel Caine

Midnight Alley by Rachel Caine
Released: October 2, 2007
Publisher: NAL Jam
Series: Morganville Vampires, Book 3

Precended By: The Dead Girls' Dance
Followed By: Feast of Fools
Page Amount: 245, US Paperback
POV: 3rd Person
Buy it here: Barnes & NobleAmazon


OVERALL:
Plot-18/20
Characters-20/20
Creativity-19/20
Writing-20/20
Pace-8/10
Ending-9/10
=94/100 A
/5


SUMMARY:
When Claire Danvers learnt that her college town was run by vampires, she did what any intelligent, self-preserving student would do: she applied for a transfer and stocked up on garlic. The transfer is no longer an option, but that garlic may come in handy. Now Claire has pledged herself to Amelie, the most powerful vampire in town. The protection her contract secures does little to reassure her friends. All of a sudden, people are turning up dead, a stalker resurfaces from Claire’s past, and an ancient bloodsucker extends a chilling invitation for private lessons in his secluded home.-Goodreads.com

REViEW:
This series is a fast-paced thrill ride of vampires and awesomeness. The plot of this book concerning Claire's allegiance to Amelie was so great! I absolutely loved it! I didn't expect certain things to happen and I loved the direction in which this series is headed. This is book is unique and does not repeat the first two books. I liked how Claire's smarts were finally exposed. I also liked how the secrets of Morganville and starting to be revealed. It is very intriguing.       

The characters had a lot of personality in this book. Claire has become stronger, but also a few times did some stupid things. Her intelligence was portrayed nicely in this book. Eve was lovable and goth again. Each of the characters had their own thing going on, and I liked that, even when I could not personally relate, they were all still realistic. Shane is shedding his true personality, which I enjoyed. I just hope he eventually forgives Michael. Michael is amazing again too. He's such a great guy, and I love all the depth that is being added to his character. The new character, Myrnin, was erratic and just like a mad scientist, but it worked for this book. I was constantly wondering what would happen because his character added so much drama and suspense to the book.

The ending was great. It makes me really want to read the next book. Here comes a new character and more backstory! I cannot wait to pick up Feast of Fools to find out what is going down in Morganville. This series is a very long one, but it's so much more unique and better than most long series. This one is already worth it.

My Favorite Part: How the story sucked me in from beginning to end.

ALL iN ALL:
Do I recommend this book? Yes, it's so good.
Will I be reading the next book? Of course! I need to finish this series!

Thank you for reading! Summer is finally here! Oh yeah! 
Please follow me on twitter and on facebook! :D

It's a Book Thing
Review by Macy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...