Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle

The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle 
The Infinite Moment of UsReleased: August 27, 2013
Publisher: Amulet Books
Page Amount: 336, ARC
POV: 3rd Person
Buy it here: Barnes & NobleAmazon


OVERALL:
Plot-19/20
Characters-19/20
Creativity-20/20
Writing-20/20
Pace-9/10
Ending-9/10
=96/100 A
/5






SUMMARY:
For as long as she can remember, Wren Gray’s goal has been to please her parents. But as high school graduation nears, so does an uncomfortable realization: Pleasing her parents once overlapped with pleasing herself, but now... not so much. Wren needs to honor her own desires, but how can she if she doesn’t even know what they are? Charlie Parker, on the other hand, is painfully aware of his heart’s desire. A gentle boy with a troubled past, Charlie has loved Wren since the day he first saw her. But a girl like Wren would never fall for a guy like Charlie—at least not the sort of guy Charlie believes himself to be. And yet certain things are written in the stars. And in the summer after high school, Wren and Charlie’s souls will collide. But souls are complicated, as are the bodies that house them...Sexy, romantic, and oh-so-true to life, this is an unforgettable look at first love from one of young adult fiction’s greatest writers.-Goodreads.com


REViEW:
This book exceeded all my expectations. I am so sick of all the fluffy romances infiltrating the young adult shelves. This book isn't some ideal romance. Myracle didn't shy away from writing about desire and sex. Myracle perfectly describes how every touch, every movement feels. That made this book so realistic. But that also makes this book more mature in content. Do I think that this book should be banned from teens' eyes? No. I just think one should assess the maturity level and decide if they are ready to be reading this book. Honestly, I wish there were more books in the YA world like this. This stuff happens in relationships and it's comforting to know that it's not all bad. This book has so much depth to it between the family struggles and making decisions for the future. I am so in love with this book. The characters, the honest writing, just everything blew my mind.
  
I Instantly fell in love with the characters. Wren is such a sweetie and I love how she learns how to stand up and make her own decisions. Her family life included some struggles and high expectations, but that happens. I know so many of my friends have similar issues with their parents. As for Charlie, well, his life isn't a walk in the park either. Being in foster care and having a disabled brother, Charlie feels as if he is needed at his home. Charlie falls in love with Wren as soon as he sees her. Their relationship took time to grow then sparks flew. It was beautiful seeing these two young lovers fall in love. I only wish that they didn't become so attached to the sexual acts. Same goes for best friend, Tessa, and boyfriend, P. G. They were great friends to both Wren and Charlie and I liked the way they were a big part of the story. Every single one of the characters had a distinct personality that had an impact on the story as a whole. 

The ending was so sweet. I enjoyed how it ended, just wish it wasn't so rushed. I wish this book would never end, but I loved how it ended. Charlie has such amazing foster parents. I really love both of these characters and am really happy that they are able to get through so many obstacles. All in all, this book pushed some boundaries usually off limits by young-adult authors and that was what made this book stand out to me. This book is raw, truthful, and truly beautiful. I absolutely have to check out some more of Myracle's books.

My Favorite Part: How Myracle didn't shy away from writing about real things that happen in relationships.

ALL iN ALL:
Do I recommend this book? Absolutely. No doubt.

Thanks for reading! 


It's a Book Thing
Review by Macy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...