Sunday, October 18, 2015

Halloween and Harry Potter

HALLOWEEN and HARRY POTTER!
     Although I am an avid reader who will read just about anything, I do not like Harry Potter, and I have not read past the second book. I know what most of you are thinking. You're probably thinking I'm crazy. I always thought to myself "Why bother reading the books when they have already been made into movies?" I know, that's another thing most book enthusiasts do not say. Normally, I wouldn't either. However, the Harry Potter books are so incredibly long, and as an English major, I do not have much time to read books for fun.

     Nonetheless, Sasha Alsberg (from the book tube channel abookutopia) has inspired me to consider picking up the books. If you do not already know, Sasha was like me and had not read any of the books until a couple of months ago when she started ravenously reading them. Additionally, I have attended two book signings in the past month (Rainbow Rowell and Maggie Stiefvater), and both of them made remarks about Harry Potter and their houses. In case you are wondering, Rainbow Rowell is a Gryffindor (much to her dismay). When I got home from the Rainbow Rowell singing, I took a sorting hat test and was deemed me a Ravenclaw. 
     
     All in all, the enthusiasm behind Harry Potter and the spooky Halloween season that is upon us is quickly convincing me to give the books another try. I will keep you guys posted on my progress through the Harry Potter books as well as through the other scary books I have in store for this month. I'm hoping to get a lot of reading and blogging done next week during my short break from school. Anyway, what better season is there to read books concerning magic, wizards, witches and demons? 
  
Happy reading! 

- macy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...