Thursday, July 21, 2011

Faves of 2011 (So Far): The Books

I know I'm a little late, but I just had to participate after I saw this post at Ink Crush. Check out her blog to join in on all of the fun! The books can be published any year but have to read in 2011.




1.  Favorite book read so far in 2011


Sorry I just couldn't pick just one! Here are my reviews: MatchedTwistedIf I Stay

2.  Most powerful book


They were both powerful and emotional  <3

3.  Most brilliantly funny
I haven't read many funny books but this book had some funny parts.

4.  Most ache-y, heart-breaking, tear-jerker read
If I Stay
I seriously love this book. I actually cried at the end. 

5.  Most beautiful story


I can't help it, I love this book!

6.  Fave rainy day comfort read

 
Sweep is an easy book to read and enjoy and Sarah Dessen just makes me so happy :) That Summer review here!

7.  Best tense, adrenalin-fueled, unputdownable award
This was sooo thrilling, I couldn't put it down!

8.  The beautiful prose award
 
I love the lyrical poetry and way this book is written. HERE is my review

9.  Most atmospheric and vivid setting
This book was very descriptive. I could feel the ocean and see the Forest.

10.  I-so-want-to-go-there award
Vampire Academy because who wouldn't want to be surrounded by vampires!

11.  Most original and imaginative

It was very unique and different.

12.  Best under-appreciated, hidden gem book
I just loved this book. I will post a review of it very soon. I promise.

13.  I-had-no-idea-I-would-love-this-so award
After the first book I never would've thought I would love the sequel. I will review it soon.

14.  Most haunting story
This book has a creepy feel to it and makes this book even more perfect.

15.  Outside my comfort zone but gosh how I loved it
I never thought I would like this book but I REALLY love this series now!

16.  Series I am loving



I seriously love all of these series. I can't stop reading them and can't wait until the next book comes out. 

17.  Most memorable voice award
Mia... she was so lifelike.

18.  Completely awesome premise award

I love dystopian and this book is truly beautiful. I'm so glad we don't have a Society ruling our lives.


19.  Would make the best movie
I'd love to see this book as a movie. It really read like one and I would just love to see how it would come together at the end.

20.  Want to re-read already
I loved the thrill!

You've seen my favorites so now share with me your favorite reads of 2011 so far!



2 comments:

  1. Great list! If I Stay, Hunger Games and Frostbite are awesome books. And I really need to read The Adoration of Jenna Fox. I have heard it is a amazing and unique story :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I Stay is one of the books I probably should read since I've heard such good things about it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...