Top Ten Books That Tackle Tough Issues
1. Thirteen Reasons Why is all about suicide... It really showed the way people affect one another and how one thing can ultimately lead to someone wanting to take their own life. Asher definitely does a great job at showing how people are cruel and don't realize that their actions affect others.
2. If I Stay talks about death of a loved one. It also talks about how great life is too. It really does a good job at summing up how love lasts through life and death.
3. The Perks of Being a Wallflower: Hehe this book is fantastic! It shows abuse, love, sex, about anything and everything that goes on in high school.
4. Clean tackles substance abuse, which lead these teens to rehab. I thought it was very interesting to read about how they all had to get back on their feet and learn to live with the past.
5. Cracked Up to Be is an awesome book! I can't believe I didn't do a review on it. It tackles wanting to commit suicide in an honest, compelling way. I really related to the main character and understood her pain.
6. Impulse: I can't wait to read this book. It deals with cutting and suicide and those deep things really make you think.
7. Before I Fall: This books shows how popularity can be a bad thing. It really shows how one person can change another's life.
8. Between Here and Forever is all about a sister dying. It's sad, but this book is awesome!
9. Speak: This is a really powerful novel. It makes you think of the people who didn't have the courage to speak up either for their friends, or for themselves. I for one have started speaking up for my friends behalf and it certainly has changed a few lives.
10. The Fault in Our Stars tackles the meaning of life and living with cancer. John Green does it flawlessly in a heartwarming way. I certainly got a lot out of this book.