Tuesday, November 6, 2012

We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han

We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han
Released: April 26, 2011
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Series: Summer Series, Book 3
Preceded By: It's Not Summer Without You
Page Amount: 291, US Hardback
POV: 1st Person (Belly)
Buy it here: Barnes & NobleAmazon


OVERALL:
Plot-18/20
Characters-17/20
Creativity-19/20
Writing-20/20
Pace-9/10
Ending-9/10
=92/100 A
/5



SUMMARY:
It's been two years since Conrad told Belly to go with Jeremiah. She and Jeremiah have been inseparable ever since, even attending the same college-- only, their relationship hasn't exactly been the happily ever after Belly had hoped it would be. And when Jeremiah makes the worst mistake a boy can make, Belly is forced to question what she thought was true love. Does she really have a future with Jeremiah? Has she ever gotten over Conrad? It's time for Belly to decide, once and for all, who has her heart forever.-Goodreads.com


REViEW:
I am so sorry I was a lazy bum and did not write this review in the summer. I know it's fall and you all probably don't want to be reminded of the Heaven that is summer vacation. I just really wanted to write this review! If you read my reviews for the other two books in the Summer series, you'll know that although I know these books aren't perfect, they are still amazing books to read. I loved The Summer I Turned Pretty and then really liked It's Not Summer WIthout You. This book was my ultimate favorite of the series though. I can't decide exactly why, because I did have some problems with this book. First off the plot surrounding Belly and Jeremy wanting to get married was really intriguing. I loved all the different reactions from Belly's mom and from Jeremy's family. They made this book feel really realistic. It made the book really go fast for me. I really liked the romance and the drama surrounding the love triangle. Ms. Han really did a great job at portraying young love in this book.

The characters were a little bit irritating at times. Well not all of them, just Belly. I think she was a reckless, blinded by love girl. I think she made some rash decisions to get married at such a young age. I also really hated how through it all I knew who she truly loved, even when she didn't. I don't understand why Belly didn't just think about her choice at the very beginning, but I guess that wouldn't make for a good book. On a happier note, I once again loved the guys in this novel. I did get frustrated with Jeremy at some points, but overally I think his character was consistent thorughout all of this series. Same with Conrad. I understood why he did some of the things he did and felt for him. I just wish he would have showed Belly that he actually loved her sooner. Minor characters like Belly's mom were fantastic. I loved how Belly was a typical teenager thinking her mom would be cool with Jeremy and her getting married, when in reality her mom was furious. I loved the honest portrayal of this situation.

The ending was a perfect conclusion to a even more wonderful series. I really thought Belly ended up with what she really needed and I loved how much she grew up in the ending. It was really great. I definitely feel like this ending really fulfilled all my hopes for Belly's life. It made me happy.

My Favorite Part: I don't know why, but what is coming to mind is how Belly was conflicted between the two brothers.


ALL iN ALL:
Do I recommend this book? Yes, I really enjoyed it! This is an amazing series!


Thanks for reading! I know it's not summer anymore, but I really wanted to review this book before I forgot all about it. Expect some more reviews throughout the week.


It's a Book Thing
Review by Macy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...