Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Best of YA Authors Interview: Part 2

Here's the long awaited conclusion to my interview. I wish I could have asked more questions, but do to time constraints I couldn't. I did have a wonderful chat with all the authors about John Green though. We were all fan-girling about how amazing John Green is and we all admitted that we cried at the end of The Fault in Our Stars. It was a very nice moment. So without further do, I present you with Lisa & Laura Roecker (The Lying Society), Scott Tracey (Witch Eyes), Colleen Clayton (What Happens Next), and Leah Clifford (A Touch Mortal). 




What authors inspire you in your writing?
   Lisa Roecker: Christopher Pike.
   Laura Roecker: R.L. Stine and any great writer.
   Scott Tracey: L. J. Smith.
   Leah Clifford: All of them.
   Colleen Clayton: Alyssa Brugman, an Australian author. I identified with her voice and sent her a fan letter, which began our friendship.


What is the last book you read?
   Lisa Roecker: Love and Other Perishable Items.
   Laura Roecker: The Raven Boys.
   Scott Tracey: The Archived.
   Leah Clifford: Teeth.
   Colleen Clayton: Thin Space by Jodi Castella.

Have you ever read a book more than once?
   Lisa Roecker: I've read Beach Music 3 times and I've also reread The Sky is Everywhere and Before I Fall.
   Laura Roecker: Beach Music.
   Scott Tracey: If I love the book, I'll reread it once a year. 
   Leah Clifford: I reread a lot. I read Interview with a Vampire many times.
   Colleen Clayton: Breathing Underwater by Alex Flynn.

What is your favorite classic?

   Lisa Roecker: There are so many good ones. Probably Pride and Prejudice or Little Women.
   Laura Roecker: The Great Gatsby.
   Scott Tracey: Pride and Prejudice or the Secret Garden.
   Leah Clifford: The Great Gatsby.
   Colleen Clayton: Frankenstein.

Edward or Jacob?
   Lisa Roecker: Jacob.
   Laura Roecker: Jacob.
   Scott Tracey: Jacob.
   Leah Clifford: Jacob.
   Colleen Clayton: Charlie.
(All of the others tried to change their votes to Charlie once Clayton did.)

Peeta or Gale?
   Lisa Roecker: Gale.
   Laura Roecker: Gale.
   Scott Tracey: Team Katniss.
   Leah Clifford: Katniss, she doesn't need a man.

Do you have any advice for aspiring authors?
   Lisa Roecker: Finish.
   Laura Roecker: Have other people read your writing.
   Scott Tracey: Keep reading.
   Leah Clifford: Writer's write, so write.
   Colleen Clayton: Finish your stories.



Well that was exciting if I do say so myself, although I do disagree because Edward is the best. Keep checking back on the blog for a very special giveaway happening this week! Also, I will start posting reviews on the books by these authors because I just started reading some of them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...