Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Best of YA Authors Interview: Part 1

Today I'll be posting half of the super intensive interview that took place yesterday with Lisa & Laura Roecker (The Liar Society), Scott Tracey (Witch Eyes), Colleen Clayton (What Happens Next), and Leah Clifford (A Touch Mortal). They all were very entertaining throughout this interview, I hope you enjoy it! I will be posting the second half of this interview very soon! 
Is there anyone in particular that influenced you to be a writer? 
   Lisa Roecker: I always just wanted to write the backs of books.
   Laura Roecker: My sister.
   Scott Tracey: I started out writing newspapers for my family because I thought that was the only kind of writing out there.
   Leah Clifford: Stephen King and Anne Rice. 
   Colleen Clayton: Reading in general. I just get an image in my head so I start writing.

Where is your favorite place to write?

   Lisa Roecker: The couch.
   Laura Roecker: Library.
   Scott Tracey: Lately, I've been writing a lot at the coffee shop.
   Leah Clifford: My bed.
   Colleen Clayton: My desk.

What is the most random thing you have on your desk?

   Lisa Roecker: Random bits of food.
   Laura Roecker: A little baby Jesus.
   Scott Tracey: There's three things actually. 1. A key from Pirates of the Caribbean. 2. A green stuffed animal that was named the Panic Monster. 3. A paperweight with french writing and a picture of an eyeball on it.  
   Leah Clifford: A shark embryo in a jar that's missing one eye. It's named Cloudy Eye Willy.
   Colleen Clayton: A snow globe from Cedar Point.

Where do you get your ideas from?

   Lisa Roecker: TV
   Laura Roecker: My sister.
   Scott Tracey: TV
   Leah Clifford: I start out writing a short story and then put it away. In a few years I take it out and recycle it and finish it.
   Colleen Clayton: Cleveland.

What is your favorite TV show?

   Lisa Roecker: Girls.
   Laura Roecker: Girls.
   Scott Tracey: Revenge.
   Leah Clifford: Teen Wolf.
   Colleen Clayton: Justified and New Girl.

Have you ever had writer's block? How did you get over it?

   Lisa Roecker: Yes, just keep writing and edit. 
   Scott Tracey: I'm still trying to get over it. It's just a matter of finding the mistake and backtracking. 
   Leah Clifford: Yes, my editor helped me change the direction of my writing.
   Colleen Clayton: My issue is just trying to sit down to write. I'm a binge writer, I avoid writing sometimes.


Do you ever let anyone read your writing before it's finished?

   Laura Roecker: We have some readers that read our writing before we finish.
   Scott Tracey: Not until it's polished.
   Leah Clifford: I let Scott Tracey read my work.
   Colleen Clayton: I let my close friends, agent and Alyssa Brugman beta read.

Stay tuned for more questions! Especially the most pressing debate: Edward vs Jacob!
COMING SOON!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...