Thursday, April 11, 2013

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green


An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
Released: October 16, 2008
Publisher: Speak
Page Amount: 228, US Paperback
POV: 1st Person (Colin)
Buy it here: Barnes & NobleAmazon



OVERALL:
Plot-18/20
Characters-19/20
Creativity-20/20
Writing-18/20
Pace-9/10
Ending-10/10
=94/100 A
/5







SUMMARY:
When it comes to relationships, Colin Singleton's type is girls named Katherine. And when it comes to girls named Katherine, Colin is always getting dumped. Nineteen times, to be exact. On a road trip miles from home, this anagram-happy, washedup child prodigy has ten thousand dollars in his pocket, a bloodthirsty feral hog on his trail, and an overweight, Judge Judy-loving best friend riding shotgun–but no Katherines. Colin is on a mission to prove The Theorem of Underlying Katherine Predictability, which he hopes will predict the future of any relationship, avenge Dumpees everywhere, and finally win him the girl.-Goodreads.com

REViEW:
Oh my  goodness. This book is one everyone should read. Not because it holds a deep life-shaking message, but rather because of how much it made me laugh and smile. The plot wasn't deep, but it's meant to be that way! This is a book based solely on character and crazy situations and things. Like a tampon factory. And 19 girls named Katherine. Deep stuff right? Everything about this story was perfect. It was kind of outlandish, but while reading it, it seemed realistic. The one thing that made this book go a little slow for me was all the math and historical references that Colin makes. It is really unique and cool that there are footnotes and an appendix at end of book, but I felt like after awhile it was just meaningless history allusions, which bored me a little. I wanted to speed right through to Colin and Lindsey's relationship.   

John Green's characters are so amazing. Each of them has a distinct personality. Colin was the heartbroken braniac. Hassan, his best friend, was a goofball and freaking hilarious. His dialogue often had me cracking up during study hall. Lindsey was intriguing. I wanted to understand her relationship with the other Colin, and with our Colin. Every other secondary character was also memorable. My favorite scenes were watching how each of these personalities got along.

The ending was spot on perfect. I was so pleased! Ahh it was so cute! At first I was like oh my gosh, John Green did not just trick us! But then at very end, I was like awww just the way things should be. To understand what I mean please go buy this book right this minute! It's awesome sauce. This book had everything from appendixes, to footnotes, to romance and to humor.     

My Favorite Part: All the humor and the nerd references hehe!

ALL iN ALL:
Do I recommend this book? Yes it is so funny!

Thanks for reading! Did you like this book or any other John Green books? Comment and let me know!

It's a Book Thing
Review by Macy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...