Top Ten Books That Should Be In Your Beach Bag
Top Ten is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
1. The Summer I Turned Pretty Series by Jenny Han: Don't let the stupid title fool you, this series is AH-MAZING. I cannot stress that enough. This trilogy perfectly encompasses summer love. Plus what's not to love about two strikingly handsome brothers! Ahhh Jeremiah and Conrad are the perfect summer boyfriends.
2. Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen: Or any book by Sarah Dessen for that matter. Sarah Dessen is hands down one of my favorite contemporary YA authors. Her books are so heartfelt and enchanting. I am reading Saint Anything next because I'm going to meet her this month (YAYYYY!). I'm sure Saint Anything will be the perfect beach read because Sarah Dessen knows how to create swoon worthy men. (Still not over Dexter from This Lullaby!) Anyway, Dessen has a lot of books that actually take place in the summertime so it is definitely the best time to read them!
3. All I Need by Susane Colasanti: This book. All the feels. Still in love with Seth. I relate to this book way more than I care to admit. It's a perfect, swoon worthy summer book. It's about Skye, a senior in high school, who falls in love with Seth, who just graduated from high school. Skye and Seth have a lot of summer adventures, but then Seth has to go away to college, which leads to some complications. But, of course, it ends happy and with a big act of affection which I love, love, LOVED! Definitely read this book!
4. Paper Towns by John Green: Because the movie comes out JULY 24th!!! Yayyy! I am so pumped to read this book on my upcoming beach trip and am so excited to see the movie! I even convinced my boyfriend to read it with me. So come on, if he will read it, so should you.
5. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han: Another Jenny Han book because she's just THAT good! The sequel to this book, P.S. I Love You, comes out May 26th, so read it before then! It's a super quick, intriguing, fun read. This book focuses on family, which is really important and not normally seen in YA. There's also two cute guys so there's them as well haha ;D
6. Clarity by Kim Harrington: This book features a girl who has to help solve a mystery with her special gifts. It's a lot better than my lame summary. This book is so underrated, it needs to be read more!
7. Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs: Mermaid books are perfect for summer and this is by far my favorite. It's so good! Don't let the stupid title fool you. It's really not a children's book, it's very much YA. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and Quince remains one of my favorite fictional boyfriends. Quince and Lily have a love-hate relationship in this book which is super fun to read.
8. The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle: Just read my review on this one. This book is one of my ultimate favorites.
9. The Heir by Kiera Cass: I'm reading this book next because it was just released. I loved The Selection Series so I cannot wait to dive into this book. Plus the dress on the cover is super beautiful, so pack this in your beach bag even just to look at.
10. Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout: I plan to finish this series this summer because it is amazing and stars a book blogger named Katy! Daemon is the ultimate summer hottie too. He makes me smile just thinking about him...It's not like I'm obsessed with fictional guys or anything *laughs nervously*...(Don't tell my boyfriend.)
Well that's it! Let me know what books you're putting in your beach bag this summer!