Monday, August 12, 2013

Fire with Fire by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian

Fire with Fire by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian 
Fire with Fire (Burn for Burn, #2)Released: August 13, 2013
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Series: Burn for Burn, Book 2

Preceded By: Burn for Burn
Followed By: Ashes to Ashes
Page Amount: 528, ARC
POV: 1st Person (Mary, Kat or Lillia)
Buy it here: Barnes & NobleAmazon


OVERALL:
Plot-19/20
Characters-20/20
Creativity-19/20
Writing-20/20
Pace-8/10
Ending-9/10
=95/100 A
/5




SUMMARY:
Lillia, Kat, and Mary had the perfect plan. Work together in secret to take down the people who wronged them. But things didn’t exactly go the way they’d hoped at the Homecoming Dance. Not even close. For now, it looks like they got away with it. All they have to do is move on and pick up the pieces, forget there ever was a pact. But it’s not easy, not when Reeve is still a total jerk and Rennie’s meaner than she ever was before. And then there’s sweet little Mary…she knows there’s something seriously wrong with her. If she can’t control her anger, she’s sure that someone will get hurt even worse than Reeve was. Mary understands now that it’s not just that Reeve bullied her—it’s that he made her love him. Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, burn for a burn. A broken heart for a broken heart. The girls are up to the task. They’ll make Reeve fall in love with Lillia and then they will crush him. It’s the only way he’ll learn. It seems once a fire is lit, the only thing you can do is let it burn...-Goodreads.com


REViEW:
When I saw that Fire with Fire ARCs were going to be given out at the Book Expo of America, I knew I had to go. Yes, I trekked all the way to New York City during my finals week (I took them all early in order to go) for the sole purpose of being able to read Fire with Fire early. It was totally worth it! After that cliffhanger at the end of Burn for Burn, I needed to get some inner peace. Once again Han and Vivian have written an intriguing and unique read that is impossible to put down. The beginning of the book focuses on the effects of the Homecoming revenge and then soars right into their next dose of revenge. Sure, the revenge these girl's commit is intense but these two amazing author's pull it off realistically. I loved Burn for Burn and this book has everything I loved in the first book times 100.   

The characters were even better than in the first book, if that's even possible. Lillia is the star and main character of this installment. Her character is more developed in this book and I enjoyed seeing her grow closer to Kat and Mary. Lillia isn't just some popular girl, she has a lot more depth than that. I really liked the drama surrounding Reeve and Lillia. Reeve seems to be just an insensitive jerk but there may be more to him then expected. Honestly, I think he deserves all the revenge he has to undergo, but I am happy about how things ended with Lillia and Reeve. Kat and Mary's stories were not the focus or drive of this book, but they were intriguing nonetheless. Kat has to deal with college application stress and the memory of her mother. Mary has to find out who she really is, and what Aunt Bette and the rest of her family never told her. Then we have popular Miss Rennie, who I have a love hate relationship with. I started to like her towards the end. The authors probably did that to tear at our heartstrings at the end.   

The ending...just WHAAAAAAAT?!?!? My mind is so blown, like how? It doesn't make sense! But the next book will probably explain it all. I just can't get this ending out of my mind. It was so amazing! Definitely not what I expected, that's for sure. At first, I wasn't sure if I liked the direction the series was going with the paranormal aspect, but now I love the uniqueness of the plot. I really cannot stop thinking about what's going to happen in the last book. I feel like the publisher is punishing us with having to wait a whole year for the third book. Don't hesitate to buy this series because it is a unique blend of mystery, contemporary, and paranormal elements. The YA world needs more books like this.   

My Favorite Part: The twists and turns toward the end. Like my mind is blown haha.

ALL iN ALL:
Do I recommend this book? Please preorder it now!!! I need someone to talk about it to!
Will I be reading the next book? I don't think I can a wait a whole year! So excited!!!

Thanks for reading! If any of you have read this book please don't hesitate to email, tweet, comment, ect. because I would love to discuss all the twists with someone!!! :D


It's a Book Thing
Review by Macy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...