Friday, January 13, 2012

Gone by Lisa McMann

Gone by Lisa McMann

Released: February 9, 2010
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Series: Dream Catcher, Book 3
Preceded By: Wake and Fade
Page Amount: 214, US Paperback
POV: 3rd Person
Buy it here: Barnes & NobleAmazon

OVERALL:
Plot-17/20
Characters-16/20
Creativity-16/20
Writing-15/20
Pace-7/10
Ending-7/10
=78/100  C
★/5


This is the third book in the Dream Catcher series, I will not post any intentional spoilers but please do not keep reading if you have not read Wake and Fade.

SUMMARY:
Janie thought she knew what her future held. And she thought she’d made her peace with it. But she can’t handle dragging Cabel down with her.
She knows he will stay with her, despite what she sees in his dreams. He’s amazing. And she’s a train wreck. Janie sees only one way to give him the life he deserves: She has to disappear. And it’s going to kill them both.
Then a stranger enters her life — and everything unravels. The future Janie once faced now has an ominous twist, and her choices are more dire than she’d ever thought possible. She alone must decide between the lesser of two evils. And time is running out. . . . -Goodreads.com

REViEW:
To be honest, I expected a lot out of this book. Was I disappointed? A little bit, yes. Fade was so fast-paced and intriguing, I thought this book would follow. This book's plot centered around Janie's life decision. I feel like this book didn't have that much substance to it. It really didn't have a strong definite plot, just a choice. Ms. McMann's writing once again had a fast pace, it just did not seem as interesting as the previous novel. Nevertheless, this book was a good conclusion to the Dream Catcher series. 

The characters in this installment weren't as developed as they had been in Fade. Cabel didn't play as big of a role as I would have liked. I mentally kept screaming at Janie to tell Cabel about the choice she has to make. That being said, Janie irritated me in this book. Her options do stink, but it was hard to see her thought process in making this life decision. I just wish I was able to better read into her thoughts and be able to picture her as a real person.

The ending was a nice little wrap-up to end this exciting series. It didn't have a big bam, but it did have a nice ending. There was one major loose end that did kind of irk me though. I wish Janie had made a more definite decision. All in all, I am glad I took the time to read this series. I look forward to reading more from McMann in the future.

My Favorite Part: The options that Janie had to choose from. They actually made me feel a little bit bad for Janie. 

ALL iN ALL:
Do I recommend this book? Yes, it's a good ending to this series.
Do I recommend this series? Yes, It's a fast series to get through and is exciting!

Thanks for reading! A lot more reviews to come! :)

It's a Book Thing
Review by Macy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...